Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Legal Beagle

March Masonary: Game One-"Let's watch an episode of Perry Mason and try and guess who dunnit"
OK. This should be a fun deal. Years ago the boys would sit around watch Mason and guess nearly every time. There was a formula! Killer appears at the scene of crime briefly and then early in the trial on the stand for a short question session before Perry would lower the boom at the denoument. Little did we know that tonights episode "The Case of the Restless Redhead" was the very first Mason episode and that the rules didn't apply here. First airing in 1957 A.D. it was the beginning of many a year of Perry programs. If only the show were as hot as some of E.S. Gardners paperback covers, eh? Anywho, Perry trampled the law like a criminal on coke! Hiding suspests, lying to the law, manufacturing and tampering with evidence! Zowie Perr! The jails would be empty of the culpable or filled with the innocent if there was enough of you to go around!
And below we see our winner, the one who guessed the murderer, a weazel faced motel operator with a thin mustache and a shrew wife! Oh! The MUDERER not the one who guessed, heh-heh! Sorry about that Dr. Kirby. We all know you don't work at a motel!

Game Two: "Perry Mason the Board Game"
More like the BORED game. Sheesh! I've had this one for nearly 4 decades and it is a yawner supreme. I warned all our players to NOT stop anyone from bringing in the suspect and winning the game. They were wise and kind enough to take my advice.

Below we see winner numero duo, a man of "Evil". Good Job Mr E, I don't recall the crime beyond the fact that the designer of this twist fest should be in prison.
And me? Blame Game? I doofed this so completely I'm too ashamed to show my entire face! I had no less than 3 different faux pas to my credit that kept me from ending this one a full half an hour from when it did. To the pen with me! The "play pen" that is! Gadzooks!


No comments: