Friday, December 28, 2007

Man, I miss the Cold War!

"Enemy Agent" is the Best Game Ever! I love the intrigue, the deceit, the skullduggery of trying to sneak secret plans across the border from one non-descript, generic Eastern Bloc nation to another non-descript, generic Eastern Bloc nation (one of which, I presume, is allied with the good old US of A), coupled with the very real-world risk of being nabbed by the secret police (or "Sekrit Polis" if you're into that whole non-descript, generic Eastern Bloc thing) of the opposition. The whole idea of basing a board game on Cold-War era paranoia and espionage is just really appealing to me. Man, I miss those days... Then again, I also miss bell bottoms, "disco shirts" and Hai Karate cologne. Man, I loved the Cold War.

As for the game, once again I didn't win, but neither did anybody else, so I can live with that.

Oh, and Video Village just stunk on ice. But it was still really fun in a non-descript, hanging with the guys, drinking wine and playing stupid board games kind of way. Pass the nuts, Zeus..

1 comment:

board.n.room said...

For me 'twas all about the passports and the cheesy red filter reader. Talk about your homeland security. But why were the fbi's so identified but the kgb's had a psuedo acronym? Copyright? Those secret police files never stay open very long.