Thursday, March 25, 2010

March Morons

Game One (and only!): "Redneck Life"

Once again we find our intrepid (insipid?) game crew visiting a nightmare of the long gone."Redneck Life" resurfaced this week at the request of Dr. Kirby who claimed (rightly) that the Red Frog had never partaken in this peculiar contest. Fine. The "funnest game we ever played" was hauled from the attic, dusted off and splayed forth on the field of combat. How was the rematch? Well ...we'll get to that but first a strange note of digressive explanation ... Above we see an elder example of a Chevrolet Impala. This 1960's model reminded me of one an acquaintence from 30 years ago owned. His was an automobile of nearly identical make and style. We'll just call it the Pflip-mobile. Many and crazed were the adventures the gang had in his model. We'll pass on those tales for now. Suffice it to say that when I saw this antique earlier in the day I had to have a picture. Little did I realize that it was a synchronous and almost syzygistic sign from the laughing unknown!
That evening when the time came to play "Rednck Life" I had the opportunity to buy a car and ...what to my blundering mind should appear but a somewhat like Chevy to the one I'd snapped earlier in the day! Astounding! Surreal! Yet all too, too true! During the game this car changed hands no less than 4 times and gave me nearly all the luck I needed to win. Alas it wasn't destined to be!
Fun was had by all none the less. Just peek at the Doc's happy face as he holds his first auto (below). In the background we see Mr D the man who came last. The object of the game, for those unfamiliar, is to have the most teeth remaining at the end. Poor D had zero. Dr Kirby had a few, Room N Board a few more and I? I had one less than the winner, making me a loser too!



Below we see red Frog showing off his grill for the waiting world at large. Twenty two ivories in a row brought home the trophy! Not quite the full tomb stone cemetary that we all started with but good enough for the win! Congrats, Red and ...is it just me or do I see a marked similarity to this shot and the one underneath? Yet another eerie coincidence or the hand of fate doing it's own little ha-ha! Who knows!

(Grills of my dreams!)







No comments: