Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Monstrous Moonshine

South St. Paul wetland
Game Night gets lost in the woods of South St. Paul

Continuing the night's discussion on the nature of reality, something about an unexpected connection between the algebraic monster group and the j-function:
Mathematicians Chase Moonshine’s Shadow

Apparently much of this is the gift of the Hindu goddess Namagiri Thayar via the mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan:
"While asleep, I had an unusual experience. There was a red screen formed by flowing blood, as it were. I was observing it. Suddenly a hand began to write on the screen. I became all attention. That hand wrote a number of elliptic integrals. They stuck to my mind. As soon as I woke up, I committed them to writing." 

Now if you can follow this you will probably still have trouble following the rules for this:



Which didn't stop this guy from getting his femme fatale.

Dennis and his Femme Fatale


Goes t' show what uh moon can do

No comments: